Wednesday 1 July 2020

End of the month report - 1st of July

Total portfolio: £37113 (+1688)
Debt: 0 (0)
External funds: ZERO
Car: No
Net Worth: £37113 (+1688)

Investments UK: £31925 (+899)
Investments overseas : £3934 (same)
Cash: £1168 (+327)
Pension: £13852 (+277)

Total Income: £1456(main job)+170 (second job) + 258 = 1884
Passive income: £258 (13.69%)
Savings rate: 11.67%

Side hustle 2 profit: £2.30
Side hustle 3 profit: £ 152.39 (Betting in May £61.47)
Side hustle 4 value: £6926 (Funds spent in crypto:5067)
Side hustle 5 profit: £109.40

This was an interesting month. The third month in the row with me staying at home with full pay (thanks to the wonderful job management), and i want to say that i had a dramatical learning curve, as i could see this being my mini-early-retirement test. Things that we see and think about are not really like we predict them. Staying at home, doing nothing, is very hard, and that approach goes down faster. You can only watch couple hundred movies before you had enough, and to play hundred hours of computer and phone games before you do not want to do it anymore. In my first three weeks i catch up with many of my TV  shows, but now i am barely see a movies or a TV show episode any other day. Computer wise, i was playing some games for a month, in order to 'relax', but the amount of pleasure and joy deriving from entertainment declined quickly in direct relation with the increased time allocated for it. So, too much will lead to less, but not as enjoyable. I will carefully organise my hobbies prior to my early retirement carefully, and i can see this as a change of views and i will probably continue to work, but doing something more rewarding emotionally and spiritually, i would say. 

Now the good parts. I started to learn guitar and Spanish, doing up to one hour at the beginning and it was a blast, but lately, after 3 months, i am not so excited with my lessons, even if i still like it, so guitar is down to 15 minutes daily on average and Spanish lessons 5-10 minutes.

I am cooking a lot more, healthy and from scratch, and i can be choosy and buy better ingredients to experiment with them. I cleaned the whole house, couple of times, and i did lot of gardening (my garden is 85% perfect at the moment). I am shopping, walking, training 3-4 times a week  (strenght and calysthenics at home). I even run from time to time, but not as often (home trainings are quite rough and i am at my soreness limit few times a week). I had my garage door painted (and this was on the 2017 To-do List). 

So, overall, staying at home for 3 months was an interesting experience making me to re-evaluate my plans for the future. 

Now, back to the money, i had some problems budgeting in the first two months, it seems that staying a lot more at home, you tend to spend more money that usual. But i adapted to the current situation and i am back to normal now. I really need to get my cash reserves back, as they are quite low now. But i used some of them money to buy some shares when they were super low, so i cannot complain about it, as they already gained 10-12% in value. Next on my list is Ratesetter, where I want to deposit some more money in the next few months. The portfolio is increasing, even the pensions are a bit up, after an initial decrease in March-April. I did a bit of match betting, but it is not the same as before, even if i made around £150 last month. I had a bit more takeaways than usual in the past month, as pizza shops and few others opened up to the public. And i learned a bit more about cryptocurrencies, and i started to use some of the investments platforms related to them, but it is quite complicated and risky, even if they offer some good interest rates (11.90% for stablecoins - crypto meant to be always $1 in value, like virtual cash, if you don't worry much about your funds being hacked - it is a low risk but it is there nevertheless). 

Wish you a perfect July! Stay safe and grow fast!
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment