Thursday 7 January 2021

End of the year report - 2020

 And finally the year known as 2020 is gone. And, as the story goes, years from now we will find a face mask in our jacket pocket and we will say:

''- Well, that was indeed a strange year!'' and we will laugh, take our Geiger counter, and start to find a path through the Atomic winter, hiding ourselves from the human canibals. 

Enough with the chit-chat. Let's see the numbers. 

According to my excel tab, I started the year with a net worth of £31148, and i finished with £52710, adding £21562 this year to my savings. How did i do it, i will check in a moment. 

My total job income this year was £18720 after tax, with £18373 from my main job (with 6 months of furlough), and £347 from my focus research side hustle (done during June, July and August from the safety of my home). 

£5773 was my semi-passive income, with £2744 gained from crypto interests, £2830 from matched betting, with a lucky win at the March Grand National, right before lockdown. As i approached the end of the year i gave up the matched betting side hustle, as it is not as easy and fun as before. And finally, i got £200 from blogs, surveys and other internet related stuff. 

£154 was gained from interest, mainly from Santander, TSB and Ratesetter, but right not the TSB interest is 0%, Santander went from 3% to 1.5% to 0.80%. And Ratesetter is paying only 50% of the interest at the moment, in order to survive. 

My £1000 i still have in shares paid me only £5.82 in dividents after the fees were taken.

Amazon paid £10.35 in royalties for my books. 

And, to keep the best for last, i found £0.61 on the floor this year, mainly 1,2 and 5 pence. 

Just to recap, this year i made £24660, with £5939 from (semi) passive income. 

2021 will be an interesting year, with my wedding coming in May, and most probably no honey moon after, given the current situation. 

Take care and keep saving!

George

No comments:

Post a Comment